All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school dinner every day through Universal Free School Meals Funding.
For children in Years 3 to 6, the cost of the lunch is £2.20 per day. You can get Free School Meals for your child if you or your partner gets either:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit), with an annual income of below £16,190
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance, income related
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
To apply for a Free School Meal for your child please visit http://www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Schools/Schools/Pupil-Parent-Support/Pages/Healthy-Living-School-Meals.aspx and complete a short application. Alternatively visit the school office who will advise you further.
If your child is in Reception or Years 1 or 2 and you are in receipt of any of the above, you can also use this application to secure additional school funding for your child.